Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feisty Sue


My friend Sue turned me on to Feist a few months ago. I had heard a couple of her songs on the radio, but had no idea how great she really was until seeing her show last night with Sue. We were totally blown away by her pitch-perfect voice, her cute attitude and her rockin guitar playing. The concert was at Hammerstein Ballroom at 8:00 p.m., so we decided to grab a bite to eat before the show. Here's where the craziness started. There was a homeless and CRAZY woman who kept coming by the restaurant, staring into the window and then knocking until someone came out and told her to leave. She repeated this every 20 or so minutes. I might have felt bad for her if she weren't so annoying. Just as we were beginning to enjoy our dinner, something else outside grabbed our attention. There was a crowd of about 8 people, dressed in all white feathers, walking down the street on stilts. From the view of the restaurant window, all you could see was stilts and feathered bottoms walking down the sidewalk. When we thought the night couldn't get any funnier, a homeless man complimented Sue's bag by saying "damn girl, that is one fabulous bag". A homeless man with great fashion sense. Only in NY. It was a great night with a great friend. If you haven't heard Leslie Feist, you MUST check her out.

4 comments:

Teri said...

I love hearing your fun NY stories. What is up with those NY homeless peeps knowing their fashion, remember when that guy on the train or something commented on your cotour (sp) dress? He would probably even know how to spell it right. I really like Feist. I'm so excited that you heard her live and was good, that is my test if they really are great, if they sound good live, cause some artists just don't, you know, like me.
Fun night!
Love ya!

Shelly Kenison said...

Girls night are the best, especially when you have something super fun to do.

Chelsi said...

yep kirk and danielle got married it's amazing what you found on blogs their email is rissa_kimmy@msn.com so you can invite them

Corinne said...

My computer died for 3 weeks, so I'm behind on all the news. You went to town on your blog, love it. Your patio looks great, I had no idea you would have a wood fence and so much space. I think I was thinking it would be like an oversized hotel balcony.
Seems like you have so much fun in NY, all the good places to eat and fun entertainment.
Have a fun Mother's Day and tell your mom hi.
Love ya, Corinne