Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Lanai is open for Business!

The grill finally arrived on Saturday! We paid a heap-load of money to Home Depot to have it delivered, thinking that they would help us get it up the 3 flights of stairs to the deck. No such luck, the delivered the giant box to the bottom of the stairs and left it there. It was way too big and heavy for Dan and I to carry, so we had to open the box in his office and carry the grill up PIECE BY PIECE to the deck. 6 hours later, we had it assembled. Here it is with our first grill meal cooking!

















The meal was fabulous! So fabulous in fact, that we decided to throw a BBQ party on Sunday, even though it was cold and rainy. Dan's friends George and Andrew came over along with my cousin Amy, her hubbie Sheff and baby Anderson.

















My mom is coming to town next week to spend Mother's Day with us. We have all sorts of fun things planned like a Broadway show, manicures & pedicures, tour of a Vanderbilt mansion along the Hudson river, BBQ on the deck, meeting of some crucial friends and a BBQ party with Dan's parents for Mother's Day. I can't wait! It's always fun to have family in town.

3 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

how rude! Home Depot definitely should have helped. It looks fun though. Good luck with all your fun plans with your Mom I hope the weather is nice for her.

Teri said...

I need to see more of the bbq for the full effect of 6 hours and all that hauling. I can't believe the nerve! You should complain, maybe they'll do something nice.
Tell Mama Marcia hello from us and happy mothers day to a wonderful mom! Sounds like you have some way fun times planned and I'm sure, of course a bbq.
Love ya!

dad said...

Love you blog with all the great pictures! The deck looks Great!!
Mom is packed and all ready to get on the plane. She can't wait to see you!
Love,
Mom and Dad