Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Lanai

Dan and I have been working so hard on the deck. I am going to try to get some pictures posted soon. Dan painted the brick wall red (well, it's kind of pink) and planted some herbs and flowers and assembled deck furniture. It is looking really great! Outdoor space in NYC is such a plus and we plan to use it every day until it starts to snow again. I might even get a tan this year!

On another note, is anyone out there watching The Real Housewives of NYC? It's the most ridiculous show I have ever seen...and I can't quit watching it. I am convinced that people like that only exist on t.v. shows because I have plenty of friends in NYC who are housewives and they don't act anything like these women.

My next order of business for the blog is to make a reading list. I have read a bunch of great books lately and I thought it would be a good idea to post them here. Also if you have any good book suggestions, send them my way. I am always looking for a great read.

4 comments:

Teri said...

So, laying out on your lanai with a good book, and a lemonade sounds dreamy! I can just imagine you with your stylin' sunglasses, a flower behind your ear. I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see what your recent reads are. I borrowed a book called escaped from my sister last night, about polygamy (sp?). I'm intrigued. Like I said before, "These Is My Words" is a great book, I loved it. I can't wait to see pictures. What did Connor say about Rock Band? I don't remember.
Love you!

Teri said...

P.S. Super cute picture of you and Dan!

Chelsi said...

I can't believe how big your apartment and deck are, and i've only seen the living room and deck. Maybe someday Ryan & I will make it out there!

Amy's Blog said...

Our apartment is actually pretty small...it's only about 800 sq. feet, which is still big for NYC standards, but probably about the size of a teeny house anywhere else. It's big enough for us though and we feel sooo lucky!