Thursday, May 15, 2008

Family Visitor

I love it when family and friends visit me in New York. I go out in the city a lot, but there are certain activities I rarely do...except when visitors are here:
1. Broadway shows - Too expensive to do on a regular basis, and I usually try to avoid Times Square at all costs...but shows are super fun for visitors.
2. Dancing - Nobody likes to go dancing more than Mindy, so I usually save crazy dance clubs for when she is in town. We have been known to close down a place or two. Plus, Dan refuses to dance, so I don't have many opportunities to get a groove on these days (except in the apartment when he is gone...I like to try out old-school Solid Gold moves in the living room).
3. Attractions like the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Chrysler Building, Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. I refuse to deal with the crowds...

We had a great visit with my mom last week. I miss her already! We were able to get out of the city to tour a Rockefeller mansion. It was their weekend country house...all 44,000 sq. ft. The best part were the gardens, which were absolutely amazing. We also saw a great Broadway show, shopped, ate a lot, and had Mother's Day dinner with Dan's parents. I probably won't get home again until the end of the year, so it was really nice to see my mom.

3 comments:

Teri said...

WHAT! Won't get home again until the end of the year???? oh no! So sad :(
The pics of the gardens were amazing I loved those pictures, thanks for sending them to me.

Shelly Kenison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly Kenison said...

Mom's are always fun to have around. I am so glad that you could celebrate Mother's Day with your Mom!