We would be in Grill Heaven, if only the weather would cooperate. Every time we get to the deck and uncover the grill and pull out all the plates, it starts to rain. It is still blustery and wintery and cold here in NYC and I hate it!! I want to be able to sit on the deck in a tank top. I want to have to wear a hat and sunglasses and drink iced tea. I want to sweat a little bit! Even through all my complaining, we were able to get a great BBQ in this weekend before it started to rain. Dan's brother Mike and his wife Erika and their new baby Dillon came over along with our friend Jenn, we ate beef kabobs and potato salad and coleslaw and microwave mac & cheese (which was delicious by the way). I didn't take any photos, so you will have to trust me when I tell you it was real fun!
Tomorrow we are going to a cheese class at Murray's Cheese, this great store in the Village. We will be drinking wine and touring the cheese cave, tasting delicious cheeses along the way. My friend Sue is joining us - she is the cheese master and makes her own in her basement, so hopefully she will have some challenging questions for the teacher. I love learning new things and I love cheese, so this should be a really fun night! I will try to take pictures.
Monday, May 19, 2008
We're in Grill Heaven
Posted by Amy's Blog at 5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know which is worse summer that never comes or summer that comes way too soon. I hope you have many BBQ summer nights ahead of you!
Have you done that cheese tour before, and did it smell like feet? I love cheese, the stinkier the better right? mmmm.
I wish I could send some of the warm your way, it feels like it's about 65 70 out there and it's 11:00pm, LOVELY!!! Please report on the cheese tour.
Post a Comment