Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Busy Weekend

Dan and I had a fun and busy weekend. It was supposed to rain the entire time, but we were blessed with sunny, warm days. Thank you Spring!
Friday, we went out with Dan's friend from high school and his wife. Dan's friend is great. He's sweet and funny and really nice. His wife is a different story. How is it that nice guys end up with such brutal, angry, complaining women? I see it all the time and it makes me sad. Anyway, I had a decent time because we went to one of my favorite restaurants Le Sans Culottes where I ate giant sausages, tilapia, pate and had to drink lots of wine to be able to deal with Grumpy Mcgoo who was sitting next to me.

Saturday I got up early and had lunch with my friend Belinda. We went to my other favorite restaurant Fig & Olive. Who was sitting next to us but Ivanka Trump. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I got back, Belinda informed me that Ivanka told her friends her e-mail address while I was gone. So, now I have her contact info. I plan to send her an e-mail that says something like:
Dear Ivanka,
I sat next to you at Fig & Olive on Saturday. You're really pretty.
Love,
Amy

And then I will see how long it takes her to change her e-mail address. After brunch, we hit Madison Avenue for some shopping. We happened upon a great sale at BCBG, which wasn't so great for my budget.

Saturday night, Dan and I went to a fab b-day party in the Bronx. We all met on Arthur Avenue for authentic Italian food. Arthur Avenue is the birthplace of Robert DeNiro in case you wanted a little trivia in today's posting. We walked into the restaurant and this group of guys at the front table gave us a rousing "ey oh, oh ey" (say in Tony Danza accent). Hilarious. We had an amazing dinner, toasted Jenn's 39th birthday and then headed back into the city.

Sunday I had a yoga date with my friend Sue. We signed up for this 3 hour workshop a few months ago and were totally looking forward to some relaxing yoga time together. The class was called "Shoulder, Hips, Core Restore". It was all about poses to open up and strengthen your core. My hips and shoulders are always so sore and stiff, so this class was definitely a challenge. We did 2 hours of intense yoga poses and then 1 hour of relaxing and meditating. Sue had a girl next to her with the worst case of gas. At first we thought the farting was funny, but eventually it wasn't so funny when the farting started to smell and Sue said it was messing up her meditation concentration. We all got a laugh when one of the girls fell asleep and then started to snore and then snored so loudly that she woke herself up with her own snoring. All in all, a hilarious, fun and totally intense workshop. I left feeling amazing and then took my time walking home in the Spring sunshine. It wasn't until later on that night that things really started to kick in and I realized what I had done to my body. I think I released all sorts of toxins from my joints because I started feeling sick and got the worst headache that I am still fighting today. The headache might have something to do with the many headstands we did......not a good idea.

I got home to find that Dan had replaced the deck table and had varnished everything and installed the umbrella. Dan is great around the apartment. He's really handy and has impeccable taste. We sat up there enjoying the weather and all our plants until Dan had to go to dinner. One of his friends was in town from Ft. Lauderdale. I stayed home to watch bad t.v. and nurse my headache.

We are so lucky to live in such a vibrant and busy place like NYC.

4 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Okay you stay way to busy and have way too much fun! You are totally tempting me to send our moving van in the wrong direction across country!

dad said...

Can you believe it, we actually figured out how to get on your awesome blog all by ourselves. We think this deserves a treat at the Arctic Circle.
Mom can't wait to see your apartment and enjoy some bbq on the lanai. Also, she is excited to meet Dan's parents. We are still trying to fenigle (sp) an earlier flight if it doesn't cost too much. Mom intends to carry on her "little" suitcase with all 27 outfits in it. I'm not sure it will fit the size requirements.
All the pictures on your blog are great!!
Love,
Dad

Teri said...

Lou, I love the tid bit about Ivanka trump. I totally think you should send that email. Hilarious! I'm with you I don't know how the super nice guys end up with grumpy gusses. We'll have to ask Sean.. hahaha. Now this weekend you need to take a breather, slow down and relax!

Love ya!

Chelsi said...

How fun I LOVED the Ivanka email & the farting in yoga. That is why I don't do yoga! Not that I fart a ton, but I fear I might the whole time and it ruins my concentration!!