
Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 35. Am I depressed about getting older? No way! I love where I am in my life, I love that I have some years behind me where I have learned a lot, made many mistakes and hopefully have learned from them (picking Dan is proof of that). What have I done over the last 10 years? Here's a sampling:
1. Got divorced (best thing I ever did)
2. Finished grad school
3. Moved to New York City (also the best thing I ever did, which never would have happened if #1 didn't happen)
4. Moved 9 times
5. Dyed my hair blonde (they really do have more fun...oh yeah, and it covers the gray)
6. Learned flamenco
7. Started 5 new jobs
8. Ran a 1/2 marathon, a 10 mile race, a few 6 mile races and logged about a million miles running around Brooklyn. It's free therapy y'all.
9. Learned to knit and then promptly forgot how to knit after the Christmas scarf festival of 2004.
10. Married Dan
I hope the next 10 years are as full of adventure and fun as the last 10. My goal for the next 10 is to "crush it like Godzilla in Tokyo", which is what Dan's friend Chris says before doing just about anything. I think it's a good motto for life in general. If you are going to do it....DO IT...and CRUSH IT!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Birthday Blues? No Way!
Posted by Amy's Blog at 4:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haha, I love that moto also. I've been treading pretty lightly lately, but I think the time will come. Isn't it fun looking back 10 years. We are at that point where 10 years really wasn't that long ago. You've accomplished a lot and have "crushed it like godzilla in Tokyo" in the last ten and I'm sure you'll do it in the next 10! Love you Lou! Happy birthday (a day late!)
Post a Comment