Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bugs and Other Important Updates

There have been so many exciting things going on these days, so I will try to update you in chronological order.


In first exciting news, we found out that my office has BED BUGS!! Well, not only my office, but the entire 4 floors that makes up our little haunt in the MetLife Building. One of my co-workers found an infestation in her desk chair, which grossed us all out and also explained the bites she has had on her legs for the past few months. The exterminator was called in, who confirmed the bed bugs and then they told us what they had to do next...this is the best part....they had to bring in Max, the bed bug sniffing beagle to go through the office to see which areas were infected. I got a call the next day saying that my office was on the "fumigate list", so I am guessing that Max did a little dance when he stepped into my office. It was either bed bugs, or he smelled my big stash of Godiva chocolates. I got to work from home for a few days while they fumigated. Gross and exciting. I told my co-worker it was also sort of funny...she said, "It won't be funny until next year". Amen!



Next on the list is our giant birthday bash! I turned 35 on June 3rd and Dan turned 36 on June 6th. That means we are the same age for 3 days, which I am not fond of at all. I like being younger. We gathered 16 of our friends at the beer garden in Brooklyn for a great party with sausages of all types, spicy sauerkraut, pickles, pretzels and peanut butter and jam cupcakes! We were also very impressed and super happy that our friends came with their new babies. Patricia and Rinout brought baby Oliver, who is 9 days old and David and Belinda brought baby Lulu, who is 5 days old (she is featured in the photo above). We were out with them a few weeks ago and they were both very pregnant. What a change a few days makes in our lives! We are thrilled to add these 2 beautiful lives to our lives.


Finally, I am excited to announce that Dan and I will be enjoying the smooth sounds of Fleetwood Mac tonight. I am a giant fan of the White Winged Dove (or in the photo above...a parakeet). I love Stevie Nicks for her rad style, her rough voice, her deep lyrics and amazing songwriting skills. We are gearing up for an exciting night!

1 comments:

Teri said...

I love the picture of the bed bug, so gross! The picture of Stevie is totally rad. Glad you had so much fun. Love you!