Monday, June 22, 2009

Something Stinks in Brooklyn



This is the view from our street this week. The scene is brought to us by the keen nose of my friend Mindy.
During her visit to NYC in April for my wedding shower, she mentioned that the apartment building smelled like gas. I tend to ignore things like this because I hate anything that sounds like a hassle (going to the doctor, doing my laundry, calling the cable company, etc.). I also ignored it when another friend mentioned it a few days later. It wasn't until Dan opened the door for the UPS guy the other day, who exclaimed "man, it smells like gas in here, you better do something about this", that I decided to finally pick up the phone and make a call. An hour later, the gas company was knocking on the door and a few hours after that and a lot of men walking around with narculators and geek-er-counters, we found out we did indeed have a gas leak. A big thanks to Mindy for her perfect sniffer and for saving the borough of Brooklyn. I am thinking that she could go into the same line of work as Max the Bed Bug Sniffin Beagle, except she could moonlight for the gas company.

1 comments:

Teri said...

Yay to Mindy for saving Amy! I'm so glad that you guys called. It's nice that people have narculators and geek-er-counters, good tools they are!