Thursday, April 2, 2009

Behold!


Behold...the new addition to the Nielson-Steinberg household. This amazing piece of tech genius was given to us by my soon-to-be brother and sister-in-law, Michael and Erika, as an engagement present. Best engagement present EVER! Dan and I are both voracious readers, so this was the perfect gift, except for now we have to decide who gets dibs on the gadget, as we can't very well use it at the same time! After much flirting and eye batting and then some crying, I won! This thing is light and so much easier to carry around in my bag than a giant paperback or a hardback book. Plus, you can download the newspaper and blogs and they are waiting there for you when you wake up in the morning.
In other news on the literary front. I am still reeling from an amazing evening at Spoken Interludes. Spoken Interludes is this great literary salon (a.k.a. Book Reading), hosted by DeLaune Michel, that is held once a month at a restaurant in Westchester. They always have a delicious buffet dinner and then you get to hear authors read excerpts from their most recent work. I have heard amazing writers that I am already a big fan of (Julie Powell, Aurthur Phillips, Alice Sebold and Michael Gross) and have been introduced to a whole pile of new writers. It is always an evening that sparks your creative side. I have been known to stalk the writers on their train ride back to the city to chat with them about their writing and their personal lives (sorry Arthur Phillips!). If you are in the area, you should check out the website at www.spokeninterludes.com. Please note that I am in a photo on the website with the host! Also note that this is not because I am special, but because my cousin Amy, who is also in the photo, is the morning news anchor for the Westchester News. I am the Robin to her Batman.
I know I sound like a broken record on this blog sometimes, but I just can't believe I live in this amazing city and have the opportunity to do all these amazing things! Life is sweet.

1 comments:

Chelsi said...

I used to be a avid reader, then came kids! But I really want one of these they look so awesome!!! That is an awesome gift!