
Here's a high quality picture of me finishing the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in Washington DC. I didn't want to pay for the picture, so I did some fancy cutting and pasting into Microsoft Paint. If you look past the "proof" stamp, you will notice that I am not finishing with any elite-looking runners. I am not an elite runner! Also notice how exhausted I look. I was exhausted! I ran really fast for the last 50 yards because I noticed the time and I wasn't about to come in over 2 hours. I came in at 1:59:59. Close call! Actually, I came in more around 1:45 because it took us about 15 minutes to get to even cross the start line because there were so many people running this race (about 20,000).
The weather was amazing for race day and it was so much fun to run around the historical sites of DC and to see the beautiful cherry blossoms. I haven't been able to walk for the past 2 days, but it was worth it! Key successes were:
1. I was able to run with a great friend
2. I ran the entire time (slow but steady wins the race?)
3. I didn't pee! I have a little bit of a weak bladder problem, and usually pee a little bit around mile #6. The not peeing thing was big for me! (Teri will sympathize with me on this one)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I ran, I finished....I didn't pee
Posted by Amy's Blog at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lou! I can't believe you didn't pee. Way to go! Maybe I'll be able to do that one day, not pee. I think you look great in the picture, you look so happy to finish I wouldn't guess you were exhausted. I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment