
I have had a lot of jobs in my life. When I was a little kid, I babysat for extra money (in Utah, this is a requirement for all kids over the age of 13), I also made popcorn and suckers with the neighborhood kids to sell at the plays we produced during the Summer (we were such little entrepreneurs). My best childhood friend Corinne and I taught dance classes to the neighborhood kids during school breaks (she still does this today and have developed it into a kick ass business). I worked at Hotdog on a Stick, Reams Western Wear (a weird clothing store in a weird grocery store that used to be an ice skating rink....oh, the stories I have about that place), slinging jeans at The Gap, slingin food and coffee at Brumby's, therapist at a psychiatric hospital in Arizona, Hall Director at Arizona State University and a secretary at more places than I can count. Right now I am working as a marketing and business development manager for a law firm, which is a pretty awesome gig, full of challenges and nice people and really good corporate food to eat almost every day (a perk that is appreciated by me at all times). But, these are not the jobs I have dreamed about at night. Not the jobs I daydream about now. What is that job? FBI agent! You heard me. I have always dreamed about being an FBI agent. I love conspiracies, secret societies, spy gear, spy novels, the CIA, the OSS, the KGB. I want to have an alias. I want to go on secret missions and have to tell my family that I am "away on business" and that is all I can say to not put them in danger. I want to be Olivia Dunham on Fringe!! I am obsessed with this show. It includes all the parts of the FBI that I love and also a lot of sci fi, which I am also obsessed with. I was strolling around with my pal Jenn over the weekend and we noticed signs posted for a film crew. I got closer and saw FRINGE! Fringe was filming in MY neighborhood, on Wednesday. I had to run home and task Dan with going there to get a photo and hopefully an autograph of Agent Olivia Dunham. Dan chose to accept the mission. He wandered down there on a particularly horrible weather day and stood there with my camera trying to get a good picture. Alas, the actors weren't there, but he did get a few great photos of their trailers! I am hoping he can get back there today or tomorrow to get some more shots for my FBI scrapbook.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
When I Grow Up
Posted by Amy's Blog at 5:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Well, hopefully your aspirations to join the bureau go a little further than project 365 - oops, are we allowed to talk about that?
-Brad
Post a Comment