Friday, February 13, 2009

Mr. Mom and his Awesome Meatloaf


Anybody who knows me knows that I don't like to cook. I don't like anything about it. I don't think it is therapeutic or relaxing in any way (I often hear these words used when other people describe cooking. These are the people who obviously like to cook). I find it stressful and monotonous and sort of boring (unless I have a giant glass of wine with me). The food I make doesn't usually turn out that great and the last 2 times I cooked (which span about 1.5 years), I got the stomach flu. You can certainly see why I have no incentive to cook again.
Dan on the other hand, is a great cook. In fact, I would call him a chef. He loves to cook and sometimes is nice enough to have me act as his "kitchen wizard", which basically means that I slowly dump ingredients into a bowl he is mixing (the ingredients have always been pre-measured and put into little bowls so I can't screw it up) while he gives me lots of encouragement. Dan has mastered pork tenderloin, coffee crusted steak, grilled chicken, burgers and most recently, MEATLOAF! Dan makes the best meatloaf in the world. In fact, when he promised to make it for me on Wednesday, I had to run from work to the gym to run a few miles so I wouldn't feel at all guilty about having 2nd and 3rd helpings.
Have I told you recently why I am marrying Dan? Well, add Chef to your list and add about a million other things and there you have it.

2 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Wow you are so lucky. I have a great husband, but as far as cooking skills go, Brandon can make german pancakes and I think it ends there. I think we need to come visit just to get a taste of his fabulous cooking.

Corinne said...

I hate cooking about as much as you do, only it sounds like I do more of it than you. Your pretty lucky to have Dan. Even with him planning the whole wedding, you lucked out.