Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

Happy day after Valentines Day! I love Valentines Day. I know a lot of people complain that it is a "Hallmark" holiday and that you should show people how much you love them every day. But, sometimes that just doesn't happen! We need a reminder. We get busy with our lives....going to work, paying bills, doing the laundry and about a million other chores and we forget to take a step back and do something fun for those we love. I love Valentines Day. I also love all holidays! Holidays are there to remind us of all sorts of things:
1. Valentines Day - Tell those around you how much you love them
2. Easter - Rolling eggs down a mountain in a race to see whose yolk makes it to the bottom firm (intact). I heard from a few people that the Nielson's are the only family to really embrace this tradition, but I think it's a great one.
3. Halloween - Candy, haunted houses and costumes. What could be better.
4. St. Patty's Day - Bagpipes and corned beef and cabbage. What other time of year do you think to make corned beef and cabbage?
5. President's Day - Our new president is charismatic and HOT, celebrate it!
6. Christmas - Tree decorating, sweet bread braids, about a million foods with cream cheese as the mail ingredient, presents, santa....I mean, I could go on and on here. It's just a great holiday
7. All Jewish holidays - Now that I am marrying a Jew, I also get to celebrate all the Jewish holidays. They are great and mostly consist of reading stories from the Old Testament and acting them out with finger puppets (which is weird because the stories are always about death and plague and disaster) and then eating awesome foods like latkes, brisket and kugel.

So call me a holiday addict. I don't care. I love them, all of them. Hallmark, I will purchase your cards, even for made-up holidays like Earth Day and I will enjoy every second of it!

1 comments:

Corinne said...

I love holidays too, but I never slow down to do anything for them. It's nice to have a blog, so I at least take a picture.