
Sue and I took our first Aerial Yoga class on Saturday and loved it! I learned about this class after attending a wacky trapeze performance a few months ago and reading the bio of one of the most beautiful performers. I noticed she taught this Aerial Yoga class in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, so we decided to check it out. I thought it would be relaxing. It wasn't. I thought it would be easy. It wasn't. I was totally amazed at how challenging it was. It stretched my back in ways that I didn't know it could stretch. It made me feel uncoordinated and wimpy and totally ungraceful. I am dying to go back ASAP! I want to learn more and become strong enough to pull myself up on the "silks" without having to jump and I want to be GOOD AT THIS!! Nothing like a good challenge to test the limits of your body and your mind. One of the things about growing up is that you seem to be challenged less and less, or at least the challenges are in different areas (relationships, work, children). I like a good 'ol playground challenge every once in a while. Can I still do a cherry crop? A back handspring? I am dying to know.
I also found out there are a few studios in the city that have naked yoga. I will not be trying that!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Circus Yoga
Posted by Amy's Blog at 2:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my think about the toots that can't be suppressed in naked yoga! Oh my the more I think about it, I think there would be a trail of puke to the bathroom coming from me. I'm glad that you had fun, it looks so cool!
Okay that looks like so much fun. I am sure I couldn't do any of it, but it still looks fun! Naked Yoga, come on where is your sense of adventure? Wow what will New York think of next? Do I even want to know?
Ummm, my Mom does naked Yoga....Unfortunatley for Darren who walked in on her. It is still a way to get him to turn really red, really fast!!!
Post a Comment