Friday, December 5, 2008

Mouth of Fire

I am so impatient with food these days, which has led to many a stomach ache and most recently, a really burned-up mouth! Dan and I went to a friend's annual holiday party at Shun Lee, this fabulous chinese restaurant in the Upper West Side. The waiters started coming around immediately with these delicious looking pot stickers. Of course I had to have one and I put the entire thing in my mouth, which burned and burned for a few minutes while I held my hand over my mouth and tried to cool it off by swirling the food around in my mouth and breathing hard. I didn't learn my lesson because I did the exact same thing with the wontons and then the spring rolls. By the end of the night, the top of my mouth was covered in blisters. Today it is scabby and I can't taste anything, but that isn't going to stop me from going out to dinner tonight!
On another exciting note, I just found out that there is a new bowling alley in our neighborhood! I think Dan and I should join a bowling league.

3 comments:

Teri said...

My jaw dropped once and then again and then again reading that post. Holy crap. How do you know that they are going to be THAT hot? Crazy that you had blisters now scabs, sheesh! Have fun eating out tonight! hehe. You guys should definitely join a bowling league, that would be awesome, you could get some shirts with your names on it and a ball and shoes, SWEET! I've always wanted a ball. You should do some crazy bowling with your friends. Look on my blog archive for instructions, it's lots of fun.

Teri said...

I just ate chinese and thought of you. I had ham fried rice, low mein and orange chicken... delish! We got delivery.

Kerensa said...

It's like fried mushrooms...little hidden volcanos! Not that I EVER eat deep fried mushrooms with ranch dressing :)