Friday, January 23, 2009

Busy at Work = No Bloggin

Sorry for my lack of blogging lately. My friend Melanie pointed out to me today that it has been weeks since my last post. I have been so busy at work these days, routinely working 12 hour days and then coming in on the weekends. I guess I should be happy that I have a job in this economy, and a good job at that, but these hours are killing me!

So what have I been up to these days? Dan and I are busy planning our scouting trip to Puerto Rico. We will be leaving next Thursday to meet with the hotel wedding planner and to try and find some awesome local restaurants and activities for our guests! We are hoping that we love the hotel we picked because we already paid our deposit, so we are sort of stuck. I have been having a swimming suit dilemma these days and would love some advice. It doesn't really have to do with my swimming suit as much as the paleness of my body in a swimming suit! I can't tan in the actual sun because my skin is soooo pale and all I do is burn and then that gives me icky age spots and wrinkles. I can't use self-tanner because I seem to be allergic to every brand. Any suggestions? Are there any self-tanners out there that you have used that are totally non-allergenic?

I have also started an awesome 2009 project. It's called Project 365 with Flickr. You take a photo every day for 1 year. It can be something arty or what you ate for dinner. Anything! I think it's great because it really gets you to pay attention to what is around you because you are always looking for a photo op. And, what is around you is usually so interesting, especially here in NYC! I will post a link to the blog so you can check them out if you are interested. I can't wait to see a whole year's worth of moments flash before my eyes at the end of the year. So cool.

1 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

sounds like you are crazy busy. I love the photo idea! Good luck with all your wedding plans.