Monday, September 22, 2008

Boobs

Every once in a while I see something in NY that really turns my head. It doesn't happen very often though, I see clowns on the train and don't really pay attention, I saw a woman painted in silver paint from head to toe walking down the street the other day and she hardly got a 2nd look, but I did see something over the weekend that really turned my head.
I was jogging on the public trail that borders the East River on Sunday. This trail is well-populated on the weekends with bikers, runners, dog walkers and sun bathers. I was jogging behind what looked to be a woman with a baby carriage with no top on! For a minute, I thought that maybe it was a guy with a girl-shaped bum, but when I got closer and craned my neck as I ran by, I realized that yes, indeed, it was a woman. She had giant boobs and a new baby and was walking with her head held high, looking happy as a clam. Dan was upset that the one day he decided not to run with me, I saw naked boobs. So sad Dan!
We have been soaking up engagement bliss for the past few weeks. I was super excited to find out that Jewish folks give ENGAGEMENT GIFTS! Our apartment has had a new gift every day. They also throw engagement parties where I gather you get more gifts. Thank God I had the good sense to marry a nice Jewish boy. We are going to have the best kitchen gadgets! All kidding aside, we have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends, family and co-workers. We couldn't ask for a better circle of support and love.
A lot of people have been asking about our wedding plans. We still have no idea what we are doing. We are thinking sometime next Summer, but as for actual plans, we have had to go back to the drawing board several times. We were thinking of getting married on a cruise, until we found out that it would cost us $3,000 just to get the wedding party off the boat and to the beach and back. So we decided to get married on the deck of the boat, until we found out that the only deck where you can get married is the rock climbing wall. Getting married in a harness at the top of the rock climbing wall wasn't exactly what I had in mine - even though it would definitely be memorable. Now we are thinking Puerto Rico or St. Thomas. Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Seriously those Jewish folk know what it is all about! I love gifts. Seriously for any reason presents are always fun!!! Just curious if you are planning on taking the same jogging trail Sunday? hehe

Teri said...

Holy crap! For real? Big Giant boobs? That is fascinating. I wish I was there too. That is one of the dreams that I have where I'm in public and I realize I don't have a shirt on. Or I'm going to the bathroom out in the open in a toilet with no stall or anything and everyone is watching. That just goes to show how different people are, she was so happy to be shirtless walking her baby, it would be a nightmare to me. Fun with all of the gifties! Super nice peeps!

Teri said...

I just read this out loud to Sean and Connor said "OKAY THEN!"