Monday, September 8, 2008

A Wedding, Vegas and a Proposal...not exactly in that order

Thanks to everyone for the super sweet engagement wishes and congratulations! Dan and I have been swimming in all the love. We think we might be engaged FOREVER because this is so much fun (just kidding mom). A lot of you have asked for the proposal story, so here it goes:

Dan asked me several weeks ago for the address to our hotel in Seattle so he could pick a fun restaurant as a surprise. This didn't tip me off at all because he plans stuff like this ALL THE TIME....on a Tuesday...for no reason..on a regular week in NYC. He is really cute with surprises. We got to Seattle on Wednesday night and I called my mom to tell her we made it safely and were on our way to dinner (she already knew he was planning to propose because Dan called my parents to ask their permission the day before). My mom sounded really excited about our dinner plans, but that didn't tip me off either, because she is always excited! Dan acted totally normal during dinner, the only possible clue was that he went to the bathroom for a really long time (he was pacing the hallway). After dessert, I thanked him for such a great restaurant and a nice surprise. He said "the restaurant wasn't really the surprise" and reached into his pocked. All of the sudden noticed that he seemed super nervous and then realized that something was up. He went to grab the ring out of his pocket, which was stuck for about 30 seconds (which he said felt like 2 hours). He pulled it out and said "um, I had something planned but I am so nervous. Will you marry me?" I said "are you kidding?" for about 30 seconds because I was so surprised and then said a proper "yes"! It was so great to be surprised. I had no idea he was thinking about proposing or looking for a ring. All of this is so much fun!

We are looking at next Summer for a wedding date and will let everyone know when a plan is set (we are thinking beachy at the moment).

3 comments:

Chelsi said...

You two are so cute! I love how nervous you both were.

Shelly Kenison said...

what a fun story to remember for years to come. Plus you will always have a great anniversary get a way if you want to head back to Seatle.

Nat said...

I had a weird dream last night that you and Dan decided to get married in Orem at a mormon church built in the 70's with a beautiful brown and gold interior. You got married in twinner outfits, matching shirts and lava lavas (hawaiian skirts that are worn by both men and women.) I was disappointed to say the least.

PS I really like the wedding cruise idea!