We got back to NYC late last night after:
1. being delayed in Miami
2. not being able to land in NYC due to weather
3. re-routed to Philly
4. wait in Philly for the longest time, on the plane, with no food, and grumpy people
5. eventually make it to NYC and luggage gets stuck in baggage claim
6. finally get to the car after 12 solid hours of traveling
Miami was great! The conference was at the beautiful Intercontinental in Biscayne Bay. I was working most of the time, but Dan and I did get a chance to sneak away for some pool time and a trip to Little Havana for some amazing cuban food. We had the jalapeno appetizer, and a sampler of pulled pork, ground beef, plantains, yucca, rice, tamale and ham croquette. It was more than enough food for 2 people and only cost us $14 total. I love local dive restaurants. The only problem was the stomach ache I had the next day from all the grease.
On Friday night, after the conference was over, we went to Bayside, which is an outdoor mall and restaurant area right on the ocean. We had a great dinner of Argentinean BBQ and then went outside to dance and listen to a great cover band (I danced, Dan listened to the band). It was a beautiful night! On the way back to the hotel, we sat down by the ocean to soak in the beauty, until a giant rat ran past us, then I realized it wasn't that beautiful and we walked quickly back to the rat-free hotel.
No pictures this time folks, sorry...I forgot to charge the battery in my new camera. You will just have to imagine the fun times we had.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Mini-Vacation and No Pictures
Posted by Amy's Blog at 6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry Amy. I'm with Dan on this one...let the women do the dancing. I'll just enjoy the music and the atmosphere. Glad you made it home though.
Brandon
What a crazy plane trip home. Glad you had fun and got a chance to get away.
I hate it when I have a dead battery, shhooooot! The traveling sounds like a huge pain in the buttox, a bit of a fiasco. The food sounds really yummy, the gut ache was worth it though right? mmmm plantains. Sounds like a fun little get away even though the flight back sucked.
Post a Comment