I finally had a chance to post the photos from our birthday celebrations. Dan got me an amazing new camera for my birthday, so notice the quality of the new shots. Ahhhh, so pretty!
The joint BBQ party was a total success, the weather cooperated, everyone showed-up, the food was great (thanks Dan!) and everyone was able to stay until the sun went down. The next day, I joined the girls on Jenn's fabulous rooftop deck for drinks and cake. Again, great friends, and the most perfect sunset I have ever seen in the city.
On a work note, I just got back from Washington DC where I spent several days in meetings for a new project I have been tasked to manage. The reason I got tasked with this group is because they are high maintenance and a "problem". Um, why me?? Actually, the meetings went very well and I get along fabulously with the team leader who is a Mormon from Utah. I played the "Utah/Mormon Card", which I think she bonded with and appreciated. Hopefully that will mean that she will be nice to me. Next week I will be in Miami for an international tax conference. The topic isn't so sexy, but the hotel is amazing and Dan is coming with me, so I am hoping we will get a little time at the beach and by the pool. Plus, we are going to spend a day with Dan's grandpa who lives in Boca Raton. He is the sweetest, most energetic 80ish year old I know. A total inspiration. I am a little tired of traveling for work, but I will try not to complain since my travel destinations are usually pretty awesome. It would be another story if I had to travel to Toledo or North Dakota for work.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Birthday Celebrations
Posted by Amy's Blog at 7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday you guys!!!
Looks like you had a fun birthday. Have fun in Florida.
You make me laugh. I guess if Dan is going on the trip you can make it sexy... right? Way to go Dan on the rockin bday gift!
Post a Comment