Monday, June 30, 2008

Hippies, Yoga and some Real Good Food!

I just got back from an amazing weekend! My friend Jenn and I went to Lenox, Mass to the Kripalu Center for a yoga retreat. We left work early on Friday, hit the train and made it up to the ashram around 4:00 p.m., just in time to check in and go for a walk and figure out our schedule. This area is amazing, acres and acres of grottoes, meditation spaces, rolling hills and a giant lake. I should have the pictures loaded in a few days. It would take forever for me to describe everything, so I will just hit on the high points.

Things I loved:

  • The grounds. You could spend a day just wandering about enjoying nature.
  • Yoga classes there were amazing. I am so sore today!
  • "Aromatherapy", "Getting in touch with your Authentic Self" and "Ayurvedic Medicine" classes taught by Courtney B., who was super cute.
  • THE FOOD!!! Everything was all natural and organic from local farmers. I haven't eaten so well in YEARS. I think I gained weight
  • Having my aura read by a girl named Waterfall (seriously). My aura is mostly violet and blue. It means I am balanced. Yay! (I know some of you are snickering right now about the balanced part).
  • Spanish band that played on Saturday night

Things that were weird:

  • No talking allowed during breakfast
  • So many people in toe rings? What's up with that?
  • Yoga Dance class where we were told to dance around like our favorite jungle animal and say things to other people in the class like "you are luscious" and "you are powerful". A little too hippie trippy for me, thank you.

I definitely want to go back in the Fall. I feel totally rejuvenated!

2 comments:

Teri said...

You always tell me how luscious I am.. thank you by the way.. It sounds like so much fun, especially the food, mmmm. I was thinking about that Yoga thing just this weekend, I didn't realize it was going on. Yay, glad you went, sounds fun. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Shelly Kenison said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. I think my body would be screaming at me after the first class but still sounds awesome. Glad you were able to go.