Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to my desk, and the real world




The one bad thing about traveling is that it makes your regular life seem so dull and boring. All of the sudden I am having major angst over my job and feeling like New York City is really lame (hold the comments people, I realize this is crazy talk). It's just that nothing compares to flying to a new place and seeing new sights, learning new history (well, remembering history I was taught a long time ago), hearing different languages being spoken, and having...well basically having your mind blown away.
As you may have guessed, Dan and I had an amazing honeymoon. We are currently trying to figure out how to move to Prague and/or how to visit Europe more often. It actually isn't hard to do since we live in New York and there are plenty of direct and fairly cheap flights to Europe, it's just a matter of passing up on that nice restaurant, a new pair of boots and daily lunches with co-workers at Cosi in exchange for some extra cash to have world adventures. I am taking the world adventures.
Have you been any place that you absolutely love?! If so, let me know all about it and I will add it to our list of "Places we want to visit before Paris." Yes, this is the name of our list since Dan has been to Paris and he says it isn't that great.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I wish I've been some where fabulous you haven't, but I think you've been everywhere I have. Maui was super great, Cancun was fun. We want to go to Dominican Republic where Sean served his mission in several years, you guys should come, it'd be fun.

Kerensa said...

LOL about Paris! I sort of agree, when it comes to the things that Americans want to do when they are there. But, I did spend 2 weeks in France with my friend Marissa in Fountainbleau. AMAZING! Paris is worth the trip just for the pastry and bread and wine ;) But, my very favorite place from our Med Cruise was Turkey. Check out Effeses near the port of Kusadasi. You would love it!