Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane


First there was an engagement, then a fabulous wedding in Puerto Rico and now we are off to finish this major event in our lives with a European honeymoon. We will be spending 3 days in Prague, visiting castles that are 1,000 years older than the whole of the United States as well as secret gardens, jazz clubs, pubs and Grande Cafes (I don't even know what a Grande Cafe is, but apparently they have a lot of them in Prague). After Prague, we take a jumper flight to Croatia, where we will spend a day in Split and then split to Hvar (pronounced hwar)for 2 days of lounging in the sun, picking lavender, snorkeling and taking boat trips. Our final leg of the trip will be renting a car and driving down the Damlatian coast to Dubrovnik, where we will be staying in a hotel that is within the ancient city walls. Can we talk about how excited I am for this trip? I leave you with this poem from my friend Sue, which pretty much sums up the time we are going to have.

Croatia, Croatia
Here we come
Sun and sea
Discovery fun

Euro fashions
In the shops
Grappa, ouzo
Many shots

1 comments:

Kerensa said...

I can't wait to see the photos. I am so jealous, our Europe days are on hold until Trevor can either tolerate the trip or be happy at grandma's!