Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy St. Pattys Day!




I work in a really uptight, serious, corporate setting where lots of yelling occurs on a daily basis and people are always on the verge of an ulcer or nervous breakdown. It's the nature of a big city law firm. But, once a year, people let down their guard. It's the St. Patty's Day Office Parade! I don't know when this tradition started, but I have to say I LOVE IT! They hire a bagpipe player and then have a group of people walking behind him, handing out mardigras beads and stickers and hats. The whole office follows them down to the big conference room where there is green beer, corned beef & cabbage, potato pancakes and all sorts of other Irish goodies. Sometimes they even order mini quiche, not because it is Irish, but because those things are so delicious.

There are always a few scrooges who get upset because their conference call is interrupted by the noise, but to those people, I say "LIGHTEN UP".

1 comments:

Chelsi said...

Looks like fun, Utah is boring on St. Patricks day!