
Last night we celebrated Sue's belated b-day by eating at Pure Food & Wine. This restaurant only serves raw food, which means that nothing has been heated over 118 degrees, which serves to keep all the nutrients and enzymes intact. This means that your body can easily soak up all the vitamins and minerals and everything else offered by raw fruits, nuts and veggies. It also helps to "catalyze digestion"....which I will get to later.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is really beautiful - low lighting, great sound control, zen-like tables and chairs, pictures of stylized ducks on the wall....all making for a sleek and sexy feel. Sue and I opted for the tasting menu, which included about 15 small items, perfect for sharing. My favorite dish was the "Zucchini and Roma Tomato Lasagna", which consisted of zucchini sliced so long and thin that it was just like a pasta noodle. The noodles were piled on the plate and topped with basil pistachio pesto sauce with sundried tomatoes and pignoli ricotta. Keeping things raw means that the flavors are really intense and crisp and clean. I can't explain all the other dishes because they were just too creative and I can't begin to remember all the special ingredients. I do remember there was this delicious cheese on the salad that wasn't cheese at all, I think Sue said it was aged bean curd. Crazy!
Now, let's get back to the "catalyzed digestion" thought. "Catalyzed digestion" is code for "your stomach will go nuts". In an effort to shield the readers of this blog from too many poop and fart jokes, let's just say that 50% of my day today has been spent in the loo. My poor co-workers! It was worth it though, a great night with a great friend over great food. And this, my readers,is what life is all about.
Oh, and I got a great 80's cropped jacket at Forever 21 before dinner, which really started the night off right. Sue was thinking of purchasing this little number. who says neon doesn't look good on everyone?
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Happy, Healthy and Farty
Posted by Amy's Blog at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow you are brave, aged bean curd! My body would go crazy also!
Post a Comment