Sometimes weekends are relaxing, sometimes not. This weekend was a little bit of both.
Friday after work, Dan and I headed out to 230 Fifth, this great lounge in Midtown that was re-opened last year after a long hiatus. It was originally built in the 60's and designed by famous designers of that era. It still looks exactly the same...you feel like you stepped back into Mod Squad, Austin Powers world. Over the course of 3 hours the following happened:
1. My friend Gina announced that she is quitting her job in LA, moving back to NYC and moving in with some mysterious guy.
2. Another friend goes into diabetic shock, the paramedics have to be called, she gets an IV of insulin and then after 20 minutes, heads back to the bar for another cocktail (can we say rehab?).
3. Amy gets Dan to eat at California Pizza Kitchen (this is monumental folks)
Saturday we had a great date with our friend's Belinda and David. We went for Chinese at this place that supposedly only uses fresh chicken. What does that mean? Does that mean they have a chicken coup in the back room and kill them on-site? What's wrong with frozen chicken? I don't really get the allure, but the food was great and cheap, so I will quit complaining. Afterwards we went to The Upright Citizen's Brigade, which is an improv troop. Now, keep in mind that I HATE IMPROV. I think it is mostly un-funny and if I am going to pay to go to a show, I want to know that they have rehearsed the material before-hand and know that it is funny. I was dreading the show because I thought it would be 45 minutes of uncomfortableness and courtesy laughing. I was totally surprised that it was REALLY funny and at least 75% of it was hilarious. See, that's what I get for making snap judgements.
Sunday we did a little shopping, bought a great side table at Crate and Barrel and then cooked dinner. Dan is getting to be a totally fabulous cook. I am impressed and really excited that he likes cooking because that frees up my time to do really important things like watch LA Ink and download music to my iPod.
I wonder if Dan will ever write on this blog......we shall see. I should think up a big fat false story about him and write it on the blog so he will be forced to log-in and defend himself.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Our Eventful Weekend
Posted by Amy's Blog at 2:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. I didn't know you don't like improv. The ones I've been too are funny, and fun, but maybe it's cause I was with my goofy sister and nieces. I wonder if it was televised and they'll use you on more comedy shows again... Fresh Chicken? at least it isn't cats... Maybe if we write enough about Dan he'll chime in. Dan is a great cook, at least those fingerling potatoes were so delish.. He's amazing lou!
I can't wait to hear about your weekend! How was it, what did you do?
Post a Comment