Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Bunnies





Dear Spring Chickens,

I am so excited for Spring and some warmer weather! We ordered some deck furniture and are awaiting a grill and then we will be all set for some super fun deck parties.

Dan and I had a fabulous Easter dinner, hosted by Sue and Adam. Sue cooked a raw food dinner that blew our minds. I think she must have spent days prepping all the food. Our menu consisted of:

Course #1 - Salad of avocado, jicama, fennel, blood oranges and grapefruit with a vinaigrette dressing

Course #2 - Carrot and ginger soup

Course #3 - Tostada with ground beans and nuts, dehydrated tostada, another layer of guacamole, more tostadas and fresh salsa on top

Course #4 - Cheese course complete with a colby cheddar that Sue made herself and aged in her basement cheese cave

Course #5 - Chocolate torte (although I don't think it had any chocolate in it)

Now, the food was undoubtedly delicious, but my little stomach could not handle all the roughage, veggies and general healthiness of the meal. I bet there were 12 carrots in the soup alone. I had to spend the next day or two eating a lot of Wendy's in order to make my system balance out. I am sure if I ate this healthy all the time, my body would get used to it and I would feel amazing.

On the horizon...Dan and I are running the Scotland Run in Central Park on Sunday. It's a 10K that loops around the entire park complete with bagpipers and people running in kilts. We can't wait. Dan has been training really hard for this race and I know he is going to do great!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Okay, so Dan must be wearing a kilt right? I need pictures. I ran into Nat today at Bajio, she said that you have some great pics of you guys in wigs. I must see them.

Amy's Blog said...

Lou Poo....I will send them over to you right away! Geez, my sis eats at Bajio all the time. :)

Corinne said...

I love your blog, I think it will be a good way to keep in touch. Has it really been that long, that you forgot how to spell my name. hahaha

Amy's Blog said...

You will always be Corndog to me!!

Shelly Kenison said...

what a great dinner. I wish we could be running with you, sounds like a wonderful afternoon.