
Tonight, "The Amy's and their hubcaps" (my cousin Amy and our respective husbands) will be hopping on the 5:59 Metro North train to Irvington to go to one of our favorite events, Spoken Interludes. This is a monthly book reading that includes really great (and often famous) authors and Indian food. Reading, food and friends....I ask you, does it get any better than this? Tonight, we will be hearing from 3 authors, one of which is AJ Jacobs, the super funny author of "Know it All", "My Year of Living Biblically" (photo above) and his newest book "The Guinea Pig Diaries". He always delivers a really funny reading and his books never disappoint. I might have to round up some Christmas presents while I am there. Who doesn't like a signed copy of a good book as a present?
This leads me to my next question, what is on your reading list? Right now I am reading The Emperor of Ocean Park by Stephen Carter, which is a really great mystery novel with deep character development and an underlying scariness that makes it hard for me to sleep at night. It also fits into Dan's requirements for a good book, someone dies in the first chapter. Don't worry, that bit of information is not a plot-spoiler. Other books I am obsessed with? Don't even get me started on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or the other books by Steig Larsson. I am obsessed. Stop what you are doing right now and buy them. Dan and I are thinking of naming our first born Lisbeth after the heroine in the book, even though she is severely deranged and disturbed, she is still the most bad-ass character I have ever seen in a book. Girrrl power.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
What's on Your Reading List?
Posted by Amy's Blog at 4:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhh, I'm so excited for some new good reads... You've never told me about the Dragon Tattoo books. The Living Biblically cracks me up. So how was the evening, sounds like fun. I'm reading The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher right now. It's alright. I took a break the other night to watch the movie, it was bad. So I've got to pick up the book and finish it. LOVE YOU!
I lied, you did tell me about the Stieg Larsson books, after I read about what they are about.. I'm off to the library.
Post a Comment