Jenn, Erika and I went to see the Twilight movie on Friday night. We knew what the deal was going to be, so we prepared accordingly. Erika bought sandwiches and Jenn and I bought drinks. We showed up to the theatre 2 hours early and ate our sandwiches while we waited in the line for the 7:30 p.m. show with about a million 13 year old girls. We were tense with anticipation when the movie started, the opening few scenes were great, and then it was all downhill from there. We thought the movie was cheesy, miscast and totally not believable. Was it the powder make-up on everybody's faces that was causing the giggles? The cheesy soundtrack? Edward's grimaced face, or the fact that Jasper always had a look on his face that totally reminded me of Johnny Depp in Edward Scissor Hands? We (the whole theatre) giggled so much that a poor girl in the back had to yell "shut up". We couldn't help it! I am sorry for all of you out there who loved the movie, but I just can't give it a thumbs up...as much as I want to. I am hoping they can get a bigger budget for the next one so that it is less cheesy. But, it was great fun to hang out with my girlfriends for the night and you can be sure that we will see every movie in the series (and I see that they just confirmed that they are making a 2nd one).
I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving this week! Dan and I will be celebrating at his parent's house with my parents! This is the first time that everyone will be together. Let's hope there are no disasters.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Giggles in All the Wrong Places
Posted by Amy's Blog at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So I totally stole your idea of the comparison of the two and published it on my blog, now I'm going to take the picture too! It's TOOOO DANG FUNNY! I hope you guys all have a fantastic Thanksgiving, I'm sure it'll be awesome. Tell your parentals "hi" from me. Love you! Got my new phone today, now I have to figure it out. hehe
I thought it was good, but my expectations were really low (I hate movies of books I have read!) I agree with the budget needing to be bigger, and I too will be there for ever movie they make!!!
Amy-Lou! Can you beleive only 60 more days and I will be a MOM! CRAZY. I am trying to plan a trip to NYC in April before I go back to work from maternity leave and I would love to see you :)
Post a Comment