There is a new law in New York City. This law states that every chain restaurant must post the calorie count for every menu item...right on the menu. This new law has been responsible for me no longer eating scones or muffins from starbucks (about 1/4 of your entire days calories, in case you were wondering) and switching from the tuna salad sandwich at Subway to the turkey with no mayo and no cheese on wheat. Dan and I met our friend Jenn last night for dinner at Outback Steak House, which happens to be one of my favorite chain restaurants (2nd only to California Pizza Kitchen). We spent most of the time at dinner talking about how many calories are in the bloomin onion! It has about 2,000 calories and supposedly serves 4 people, but everyone knows that you can eat an entire bloomin onion yourself. I also found that my favorite salad has 1,500 calories and even the grilled fish has 1,540!! They must "grill" it in straight lard. This is why restaurants are so good and also why they make everyone fat. I tried to get a photo of the menu, but it wasn't working out so well, so I just took a picture of Jenn holding the menu.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
2,000 Calories of Goodness
Posted by Amy's Blog at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HOLY MOLY. I'm pretty sure I'd lose weight if I had to see the amount of calories I was eating. I went to subway the other day and changed my mind at the last minute from a turkey with no cheese, to seafood with cheese, I skipped on the oil though, I wonder if that helped at all?? Can't wait to hear how your Twilight movie night goes! Love ya!
P.S. I LOVE Outback. I don't want to know how many calories is in the Alice Springs Chicken.. uuh oh.
Post a Comment