Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Finally, a rainy Sunday where I don't have much to do and a few hours to read my book Twilight (thanks for getting me addicted Ter Lou) and troll around on the computer. We do have 8 people coming over for a BBQ in 3 hours, but 3 hours of quiet time is more than I have had in a long time.
Let's discuss So You Think You Can Dance. Is anyone as addicted to the show as I am? I have to list Chelsea Hightower as my favorite because she is AWESOME, and she is from my home town. In fact, I think she went to high school with my niece Summer. Utah has been cranking out superstars these days (one of the guys from Project Runway is also from Utah this season...and then there was David Archuletta....I could go on and on). I think the reason is that Mormon's encourage their kids to be very musical and creative from a young age, which is GREAT! I am also loving Joshua and think it's cute how he talks with his braces (does anyone else think he sounds like Mike Tyson?) and he has the "biggest bum on the show". I make Dan watch the show with me. He has gotten to the point where he can critique the dancers pretty well, he knows what "marking" means and he even asks me to rewind some of the numbers so that he can watch them again because they are sooo good! The fact that I am talking about this on our blog will get me into a lot of trouble, so nobody better say anything to Dan about this entry. I don't think he reads the blog anyway. Next we need to talk about Mia Michael's amazing choreography. She's a superstar. I wanted to see her dance company R.A.W perform here in in NYC, but I can't seem to find a schedule of their performance on da internet. Help! I am extremely disappointed that the tour is not coming to NYC. I am going to have to travel to Newark, NJ or to Long Island to see the final 10 perform. Really? They aren't coming to NYC? Doesn't that seem crazy?
Waterfall, the hippie chick who read my aura at yoga camp told me that I need a constant creative outlet in my life. Since I am so busy with work these days, my only creative outlet is watching SYTYCD. Sometimes when Dan isn't home, I dance around the apartment too. I need a new hobby! I just joined the gym and have been taking lots of yoga classes, but I am not so sure that counts as creative. Any ideas for a new creative hobby for me?

2 comments:

Teri said...

Are you still taking Flamenco? (sp?) You loved that. You are an amazing dancer, and you have those great wood floors to dance on. Just move the coffee table out of the way. Maybe you could take a water color class or something. I've always wanted to do that. I'm surprised that you aren't doing anything creative right now. You usually are. I saw SYTYCD for the first time this season the other night and I saw the cute guy with the big booty, but I was also chatting on the computer so I didn't pay close attention. I called you today, you were probably busy bbqing. I just finished Breaking Dawn, it was so great! I can't wait for you to read it. You will love it. But you have to read the other two first. xoxoxo

Corinne said...

I love SYTYCD, Chelsea was my favorite I was sad when she got voted off, but I was glad braces won. Sorry I'm catching upon my summer bloging. I think blogging is a great creative hobby you have. You should learn to garden and sew and all the other stuff your mom does, that would keep you really busy.